About Me

Nguyen Ngoc Tram Anh was born in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. She shares the passion and love to Vietnam with her young and dynamic generation who strives for success and happiness. Graduated from Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication) program of RMIT Vietnam University, Tram Anh chooses Public Relations to be her profession. Her dream is to contribute her communication knowledge to the development of Vietnam and to bring Vietnam's beautiful images to the world.

Saturday 23 July 2011

We've Got Talent 2 - Music Club 2010

In 2010, I was elected to become the second President of Music Club. My responsibility was to manage the club and to organize We’ve Got Talent 2. I had grown up a lot during this time thanks to the challenges and opportunities that I faced. Particularly, I had developed my problem solving skill, organizational skill, human resource management, project management and more importantly improved my can-do-spirit.

We’ve Got Talent 2 was planned by the Vice President and me. The contest lasted for two semesters. The Audition Round was held in semester 1 and Final Round in semester 2. However, I was not in Vietnam during semester 1 because I joined Exchange Students Program that allowed students to study in RMIT University Melbourne. Therefore, the Vice President had to work as Project Manager of the Audition Round.
In the following semester, when I came back and took the responsibility of a President, I had faced several challenges.

CHALLENGES
·         The Vice President resigned because of her personal issues. Her leaving caused numbers of problems as she was the main communicator of the club with contestants, RMIT departments and club members.

·         At that point of time, we were 2 months ahead of the Final Round. However, there were no guaranteed sponsorships, performing license, confirmed location or any booked stage and sound system. To sum up, we had nothing guaranteed for the show to happen but 6 contestants.

·         Members of the club did not know me as I did not participated in the Audition Round. When I came back and took the President position, most of the members questioned my ability.
ACHIEVEMENT
  • The event was well-known and all 500 tickets were sold within one week.
  • Music Club was honored as the Best All-Around Student Club of Semester 2 - 2010 by Sport and Recreation Department.
  • Received compliments from RMIT and audience and we were recommended to make it annual event (there have been three We’ve Got Talent shows held up to now).
LEARNT
  • Improved project management and problem solving skills, communication and negotiation skills by working with external relations (RMIT Marketing, Property Service, Sport and Recreation Department; sponsors; government and suppliers).
  • Improved organizational and human resource skills, by gaining trust and respect from Music Club's members and managing them effectively to gain the aforementioned achievements.  
  • Developed can-do-spirit through overcoming obstacles and striving for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment